Kiwi French Automotive take your safety seriously and that is why we are eager to let you know that Repco’s next generation of brake pads - Repco RCT - are available from our Slacks Creek car service centre...Read more
Don’t let your Brakes put a Brake on You
Our Slacks Creek workshop will be closed from COB on Friday 22nd December 2017 and will open for trading as normal on Monday 8th January 2018. Ensure you book in your car service well in advance!
Its never a good idea to gamble with your safety, It's important to make sure your car is in a safe and working order.Your car's various brake systems play an important role in keeping you and your family safe whilst driving. While some noises and abnormal behaviours might not be immediate cause for concern, others are signs of serious problems which could lead to brake failure if not attended to. We recommend getting your brakes checked out if you notice anything out of the ordinary to be on the safe side.
Kiwi French Automotive has many years experience in the Slacks Creek area in brake repairs. Call us today, we can check your brakes and get them working correctly to you, your family, your friends and your car safe.
Our brake services include;
- Handbrake inspection
- Disc brake inspection
- Drum brake inspection
- Brake line inspection
- Brake fluid inspection and refills
- Hydraulic system inspection
- Master cylinder inspection
- Repairs and replacements
Some of the common brake problems we encounter are;
- Brake pedal goes lower than it used to, even all the way to the floor – this usually means you are losing pressure in your system somewhere such as the brake lines, master cylinder or wheel cylinders
- Brake pedal seems spongy – this usually means you have air in your brake lines. The brake lines will need to be inspected for leaks, drained then refilled with brake fluid
- Brake pedal is hard to push down – you probably have a problem with your brake's power booster. This is a part designed to boost the force you apply to the brake pedal to the level needed to stop the car
- Your brakes make a squealing sound, especially when you stop short – there are several possible causes for this kind of noise but often it means your brake pads need replacing. The brake pads are the things that press into the wheels to cause friction and bring them to a stop so they will wear out over time
- The steering wheel shudders when you brake – this probably means that the rotors (on the front brakes) or drums (on the back brakes) have worn or warped unevenly. These can be machined back into shape in many cases
- The car pulls to one side when you brake – this is an indication that a brake on one side of the car is not working properly. The car will pull to the side of the brake that IS working correctly because that is the one doing all the work, kind of like when you are rowing a boat. There could be several reasons why one brake is not working correctly, some common causes include leaks in your brake lines, a problem with pistons, wheel cylinders or brake pads
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 5:00PM