It's essential to keep your car's transmission in good working order whether it's a manual or an automatic. We can perform Transmission Service on your car right here in Slacks Creek – Call us today for a quote!There are two main differences between an automatic and a manual transmission:
- Automatic Transmissions vehicles don't have clutch pedal.
- Automatic Transmissions do not have a gear stick; once the transmission is put into drive, from there on its all automatic.
Transmission ServiceManual transmissions need servicing but it is a less complicated task which involves replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments. Automatic transmissions involve a an intricate network of parts such as a planetary gear set, a set of locking bands, a hydraulic system, clutches, and a large pump to move transmission fluid around and so regular servicing of Automatic transmissions is more important to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life. Indications that there are problems with your automatic transmission include:
- Fluids Leaking.
- 'Check Engine' light.
- Clunky transitions between gears.
- Difficulty getting 'into' gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.
If you are experiencing any of these issues in your vehicle please call us at Kiwi French Automotive in Slacks Creek Today!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 5:00PM